Monday, January 2, 2017

30 Paintings in 30 Days. Day 2 January 2, 2017

When I signed up for this challenge, I thought about what I would paint.  I was commissioned to do several pet portraits last fall, and I had so much fun with them.  I got really creative with color and they turned out great.  So I posted Facebook and Instagram asking people to send me their pet photos, and did they ever!  I got so many I could do several 30 in 30 Chalenges. 

Today's offering is a portrait of Bubbles, a Bernese Mountain dog who belongs to the Miller Family.  Billi Miller, Bubbles' mom, is an author and photographer.  Her book of stories and recipes profiles the lives and contributions of Farmwives of the Prairies. Check out her website for more information 

www.billijmiller.com 

Billi is on Instagram and Facebook as well. 
Bubbles 
16x16
Acrylic on canvas 

3 comments:

Dawn said...

Bubbles looks like a big, cuddly character. Great job, Michelle!

Nelvia said...

I agree with all the colors, it certainly gives a different look. These dogs have the neatest marking and I think they are big time lovers. He certainly looks like he has a sweet nature. I did one of these as well for Day 3, but in pastel. I have to think more outside the box, like you, find the right value and any additional colors would work. Nice job.

Michelle Lake said...

Thank you, Nelvia. Sometimes it just clicks and sometimes I have to work really hard to get the values just right.