Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Hanging out in the Graveyard!!?


Honest, this is me this afternoon, October 13, painting on a grave marker. A touching story, really. The man that contacted me to paint is the son of the stone mason who carved this headstone in 1908. He come to look at the headstone a couple of years ago, only to find that it had fallen over. He had someone come in to stand it and set it in cement, then spent hours scrubbing and cleaning the cross and the inscription. He asked me to paint within the carved letters to make them more pronounced. I forgot my camera so asked him to take a photo with my cell phone. I was laying on my tummy on top of "Albert Curtis's" grave. He passed away at the age of 39 in 1907. I said "Sorry, Albert, I hope you don't mind." Sure glad it was fairly warm today!

1 comment:

Colleen said...

You have the most interesting life, Michelle.