Thursday, January 6, 2011

"Stained Glass I and Stained Glass II"

Two 10 X 20
acrylic on canvas
diptych
150.00 for the pair

As part of my exploration of trees, I decided to paint these birch trees in a abstract manner.  I painted the canvases with Cadmium Yellow first, then painted over that using white, aqua, yellow oxide and unbleached titanium white.  I really like how it turned out.  These paintings are for sale. To purchase you can leave a comment, email me or contact me on Facebook.    Tomorrow I start on a large mural at the Francophone School here is Lloydminster.  I will post photos of my progress.  Check back often for updates.

2 comments:

Dawn said...

Can you post a photo of the other one, too? I LOVE, love, love this one, Michelle...

Michelle Lake said...

Thanks, Dawn!
This is the pair. Each on is 10 x 20
I'll take another photo and post it for you.