Sunday, September 11, 2016

30 paintings in 30 days. Day 1O

I am so excited to post this painting today. It has the feel that I was trying to get yesterday. Two of my favorite artists are Dreama Tolle Perry and Nancy Medina because they both paint glorious florals, as well as many other wonderful subjects.  I usually paint with acrylics and I have oil paints, but today I decided to dig out my oil paints.   I am thrilled with how this  painting turned out .  "Peonies for Amanda". 


I went to a lovely bridal shower in June for Amanda Weaver.  (The Weaver house is the very first one where I painted for someone else.  I will always be grateful to Alison and Garnet for asking me to paint in their children's rooms. And I will always be thankful that I had the courage to say "Yes". )

These beautiful bouquets were the centrepieces for the shower. The purple painted mason jars and peonies and daisies and ferns were lovely!  I asked Sherry Creech, the floral genius, if I might take one home because I would like to paint it, and she said yes. 

Peonies for Amanda
8x10
Oil on canvas 
Not for sale. 






No comments: